Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Too much fun to be honest.

This is semi-writing interesting, semi-prattling. Having a lot of fun with the new story I'm writing for the No One Can Hear You Scream Antho. I mean getting giddy. It's actually just reminded me of playing Elite on the Spectrum and Elite 2: Frontier on my Amiga CD32(Only three of us in the world had that console) and the mooching about pirating, hero'ing and dealing in inter-planetary illegal drugs. Just re-reading the 2k words I done I've made up quite a few terms, that's not a freedom you get most of the time with writing. I made up terms for the sci-fi on Every Day Fiction too that made some chuckle. Basically I'm just rambling that with sci-fi and fantasy you basically can do whatever the fuck you want. You can in horror too, as long as it fits in a real world, or semi-real world.
Talked about this to another writer(One of the pub-bound important talks that occur after the first 6 pints) about my crime stories how they're fun for violence and crime but I feel restricted hence why I usually throw in something supernatural. I'm just waffling because sometimes you realise something and you think 'Shit', I can be God(more so than I am anyway)with this tale. I'll let you return to more important posts now.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! This just made my day... I guess I'll have to move over to sci-fi now... Its not enough playing God at work...

    ReplyDelete